Program Officer (Changchun)
Position: Program Officer (社区参与保护项目专员)
Report to: Changchun Regional Head
1. Working with partnerships to understand the situation of Human-Wildlife Conflict (HWC), mechanisms of interaction between wildlife conservation and community development, exploring the approaches of HWC mitigation and promotion sustainable community development,as well as promoting the participation of local communities in conservation.
2. Conduct pilot projects demonstrating the methodology/approach in areas of HWC mitigation,sustainable development and alternative livelihood. Act as the supervisor of dedicated programme implementation partners to developing and maintaining good conservation partnership.
3. Provide technical assistance and update information about related concepts, technologies and trends.
4. Communicate with other organizations, companies and the governments if requested, and act as an alternative focal point between WWF and the authorities and other organizations on related issues.
1. Support the designing, coordinating and implementation of WWF northeast regional programme and teams.
2. Timely prepare and deliver programme documentations related to community-based conservation projects,including programme activity reports.
3. Help initiate and develop project proposals, and assist the team with fund raising and project designing on community-based conservation.
4. Develop programme contracts to partners/consultants following WWF’s regulation.
1) Maintain communication and interaction among administrative departments, research institutions, companies and other organizations, as well as WWF network in area of community-based conservation.
2) Participate in conferences and workshops on behalf of WWF northeast China regional programme to communicate with other organizations, companies and administrative departments by giving presentations, speeches and consultation on WWF’s work and strategy.
3) Update strategies / proposals / work-plans / monitoring plans relevant to community-based conservation of NEC regional programme.
4) Develop and maintain strategic partnership for raising WWF’s profile and influence.
5) Other tasks allocated by Head of division or department.
1. Internal: Immediate line manager, team members. Also work closely with other members of NEC regional programme, other WWF colleagues; and WWF Network colleagues.
2. External: Regular interactions with project partners,government officials, other NGOs, local communities, donors, etc.
1. Minimum of 3years’ work experience in responsible positions relevant to this position.
2. A master’s degree in a relevant discipline is preferred.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Mandarin and English.
4.High level of competence in project management, partnership development, communications, marketing/ corporate and public relations communications. Excellent ability to work cross-culturally, proposal writing, policy analysis and information management
5. Excellent inter-personal skills, and team-work skills including ability to internal communication, open mind strategic think, self-motivated and innovative and meet deadlines
6. Good current understanding of principles of related program.
7. Proactive, innovative and output-oriented personality
• Candidates should send a cover letter addressing the selection criteria together with a CV in English and Chinese as email attachments to HR@wwfchina.org.
• Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email and please indicate your salary expectation within the cover letter.