Program Officer, Forest
• Develop the strategy, work plan and budget for the responsible forestry portfolio of WWF China forest practice;
• Provide research and policy recommendation to the related forestry and protected area topic;
• Work with WWF Network and other key international stakeholders on global forest conservation issues;
• Develop and maintain partnership with research institutes, relevant government agencies, NGOs, media, and businesses partners in China;
• Support the development of funding opportunities;
• Others as required and assigned by Practice Head
• Minimum of 2 years’ work experience in natural resource management related fields;
• Undergraduate degree;
• Good written and verbal communication skills in Mandarin and English;
• Good inter-personal skills, and team-work skills
• Able to meet deadlines, and effectively prioritize under time constraints in the face of dynamic administrative, budget and political parameters;
• Adhere to WWF’s values.
WWF China started Forests Programme since from 1996. Now it has extended its scope to forest landscape restoration, sustainable forest management, green supply chain management, China’s responsible overseas investment, and sustainable consumption. One of the key components is to transform the market in China and combat global deforestation challenge through spreading the deforestation/conversion free concept and tools.
• Candidatesshould send a cover letter addressing the selection criteria together with a CVin English and Chinese as email attachments to HR@wwfchina.org.
• Please indicatethe position you are applying for in the subject line of your email and pleaseindicate your salary expectation within the cover letter.