Senior Officer, Communications
Title: Senior Officer, Communications
Report to: Media/Communications Manager
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Build WWF profile and visibility in the regions covered and around WWF Wuhan Region;
• Develop and implement the communications strategy for Wetland, Yangtze Finless Porpoise projects, nature education at Jiefang Park Wetland Education Centre in line with the overall communications strategy of WWF China;
• Prepare annual communication plans and budget according to the communications strategy;
• Undertake stakeholder analyses, in collaboration with Public Engagement Department (PED) and Wuhan Region programme staff, to identify key audiences for communications;
• Working with the PDD team and programme teams, provide communications support to fund raising around the region;
• Design and implement communications campaigns and events to deliver conservation results of the related projects and increase brand awareness of WWF.
• Deliver communications activities and contents of Wuhan Region and those of PED, including press releases, stories, case study, images, film footage, publications, Annual reports, events, VIP visits, internal reporting etc;
• Build and maintain the information sharing mechanism among wetland, Yangtze Finless Porpoise, Wuhan Region, WWF China, and WWF network donor offices.
• Identify training needs for communications among programme staff and deliver appropriate means of addressing with support from PED;
• Support the implementation of communications, campaigns and events of organization level, such as Earth Hour, Panda Day;
• Under the guidance of the Press team, develop and maintain media relations in the region, increase media profile of WWF, and monitor media outcome;
• Organize press trips to the region, including photo shoots and filming. Ensure that a strong set of assets is produced and shared with other WWF offices as appropriate;
• Under the guidance of the Brand team, expand cooperation with communications agencies in the region;
• Support Monitoring & Evaluation work by completing the communication section of the Impacts matrix and other monitoring forms as required by specific programmes;
• Perform other tasks allocated by the supervisor.
• Internal: supervised by the Media/Communications Manager, close interaction with other PED teams, Wuhan Region, and WWF Network
• External: close interaction with media/creative/filming partners in Wuhan region, regular interaction with Wuhan programme partners, and relevant NGOs etc.
• University degree in communications, media, marketing or related subject;
• At least 5 years’ experience in media or public relations or marketing related work;
• Understanding of PR in a non-profit context;
• A strong understanding of communications asset development (film, photo and case studies) and a proven ability to deliver
• Basic knowledge on environmental science and/or conservation biology;
• Proactive, innovative and output-oriented personality with good communication skills;
• Excellent English and Chinese in writing, speaking and reading;
• Ability to deliver multiple simultaneous projects and to manage work plans against tight deadlines and conflicting priorities
• Adequate interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team with other staff in achieving common goals and ability to work hard and meet deadlines;
• Willingness to update professional knowledge and skills.
• Candidates should send a cover letter addressing the selection criteria together with a CV in English and Chinese as email attachments to email@example.com.
• Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email and please indicate your salary expectation within the cover letter.