Title: Senior Program Officer, Ocean Plastic, Circular Economy and Extended Producer Responsibility
Reports to: Senior Program Manager
As part of the Ocean Plastic team, the No Plastic in Nature senior officer supports the Practice Head and Senior Manager to reduce plastic pollution in our oceans and works in partnership with businesses to reduce marine plastic pollution entering our waterways.
•Support the engagement with related enterprises that are critical for waste management (especially plastic) and reducing the leakage to nature in China.
• Lead the implementation of the EPR and business model innovation with support and supervision from the Practice Head and Senior Manager.
• Support the Practice Head and Senior Manager for successful implementation and development of the project, especially support the project development on strategic partners and donors network.
• Taking relative responsibility for project, activities in multi-stakeholders engagement in sustainable consumption to implement strategy of Ocean Plastic team.
• Ensure good management and implementation projects.
• Support the Practice Head and Senior Manager to develop and implement related projects or project activities.
• Other duties as requested by with the Practice Head and Senior Manager.
• University degree in Environmental/ Conservation science.
• At least 3 years experiences in related area.
• Further qualifications in environmental affairs and/or business management would be an advantage.
• Experience developing & implementing complex advocacy strategies and plans, preferably relating to environmental conservation &/or sustainable development.
• Knowledge of plastic pollution science & impacts, effective policy, industry & community solutions to waste management.
• Good advocacy, community outreach & multi-stakeholder management skills including a track record of successfully engaging with diverse communities & organizations.
• Strong analytical & problem-solving skills including an ability to identify strategic issues & implement innovative responses to achieve outcomes
• Experience interacting with the policy, investor & business community at senior levels.
• A track record of developing fundraising proposals & delivery against income targets.
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, conflict resolution & issues management skills together with presentation, verbal & written communication skills.
• Ability to work autonomously & constructively within a team environment.
• A commitment to work in accordance with WWF’s Values & behaviors & ways of working.
• Advanced project management skills within a campaign context.
For over 50 years WWF has been a leading voice for nature. We are the world’s largest conservation organization, working in 100 countries and with over 5 million supporters. We work with governments, businesses and communities on environmental issues with a single mission: to build a world where people live and prosper in harmony with nature.
The Ocean Plastic team works to build a resilient ocean by improving how we manage what goes in and what comes out of the ocean. One dump truck of plastic waste enters our oceans every minute. This accumulates to 8 million tons of plastics entering the oceans. In order to stop leakage of plastic into the ocean, businesses must be a part of the solution and take accountability for their plastic pollution footprint and improve their products, supply chains, and waste management.
• Candidates should send a cover letter addressing the selection criteria together with a CV in English and Chinese as email attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email and please indicate your salary expectation within the cover letter.