Program Manager, Ocean Plastic, Circular Economy and Extended Producer Responsibility
Reports to: Senior Program Manager, Markets
As part of the Ocean Plastic team, the No Plastic in Nature Manager supports the Practice Head and Senior Manager to reduce plastic pollution in our oceans and works in partnership with individuals, businesses and organizations to reduce marine plastic pollution entering our waterways.
• Lead the engagement with related stakeholders (with government, enterprises, civil society) that are critical for waste management (especially plastic) and reducing the leakage to nature in China.
• Lead the implementation of the four pillars of the project, namely global policy, plastic smart city pilots, business model innovation and scientific study with support and supervision from the Practice Head and Senior Manager.
• Support the Practice Head and Senior Manager for successful implementation and development of the project,especially support the project development on strategic partners and donors network.
• Taking relative responsibility for project, activities and subordinate staff in multi-stakeholders engagement in sustainable consumption to implement strategy of Ocean Plastic team.
• Ensure good management and implementation projects.
• Support the Practice Head and Senior Manager to develop and implement related projects or project activities.
• Other duties as requested by the Practice Head and Senior Manager.
• University degree in Environmental/ Conservation science.
• At least 5 years experiences in related area.
• Further qualifications in environmental affairs and/or businessmanagement would be an advantage.
• Experience developing &implementing complex advocacy strategies and plans, preferably relating toenvironmental conservation &/or sustainable development.
• Advanced knowledge of plasticpollution science & impacts, effective policy, industry & communitysolutions to waste management.
• Advanced advocacy, communityoutreach & multi-stakeholder management skills including a track record ofsuccessfully engaging with diverse communities & organizations.
• Strong analytical &problem-solving skills including an ability to identify strategic issues &implement innovative responses to achieve outcomes
• Experience interacting with thepolicy, investor & business community at senior levels.
• A track record of developingfundraising proposals & delivery against income targets.
• Excellent interpersonal,negotiation, conflict resolution & issues management skills together with presentation,verbal & written communication skills.
• Ability to work autonomously& constructively within a team environment.
• A commitment to work inaccordance with WWF’s Values & behaviors & ways of working.
• Advanced project managementskills within a campaign context.
For over 50 years WWF has been a leadingvoice for nature. We are the world’s largest conservation organization, workingin 100 countries and with over 5 million supporters. We work with governments,businesses and communities on environmental issues with a single mission: tobuild a world where people live and prosper in harmony with nature.
The Ocean Plastic team works to build aresilient ocean by improving how we manage what goes in and what comes out ofthe ocean. One dump truck of plastic waste enters our oceans every minute. Thisaccumulates to 8 million tons of plastics entering the oceans. In order to stopleakage of plastic into the ocean, businesses must be a part of the solutionand take accountability for their plastic pollution footprint and improve theirproducts, supply chains, and waste management.
• Candidates should send a cover letter addressing the selection criteria together with a CV in English and Chinese as email attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email and please indicate your salary expectation within the cover letter.