Program Manager, Wildlife Trade
TITLE: Program Manager, Wildlife Trade (项目经理，野生物贸易)
REPORTS TO: Director,Wildlife Trade Program
• Under the instructions and leadership of the Director of Wildlife Trade Program, the Project Manager is responsible for monitoring and evaluating project progress and performance, ensuring the timely delivery and technical quality of project results – including projects’ partners;
• Managing the implementation of research and analysis on illegal wildlife trade in China and neighboring countries;
• Motivating and supporting the related industries to join the efforts to find and combat wildlife crimes in China and globally;
• Supporting the trans-boundary wildlife enforcement cooperation between China government and other countries;
• Preparing agendas and background documents for projects’ workshops and meetings, organizing events, workshops and making publications in collaboration with Communication Teams;
• Developing proposals to raise funds for reducing the supply of illegal wildlife products in China;
•Communicating with project partners, including the government organizations, industries, institutes/universities and other NGOs,and act as the key contact person on appropriate issues on illegal wildlife trade;
•Preparing the projects’ technical reports, as outlined in project contracts;
• Supporting project audits by working with the projects’ F&A teams;
• Carrying out other duties as requested by line manager;
• At least a master degree in a relevant discipline(e.g., management, laws, politics, conservation and social sciences) and experience with international Non-Governmental Organizations,Inter-Governmental Organizations or Transnational Corporations.
• At least five years of relevant working experience.
• This dynamic position requires a pro-active person with a passion for conservation issues and the ability to stimulate and motivate colleagues.
• Demonstrated experiences in coordinating and supporting colleagues from difference countries.
• Experiences in working with government agencies and industries would be an advantage.
• Strong, extensive and proven project management experience(incl. with international donors and partners).
•Solid experiences in reporting to international donors(incl. international donors)
•Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively as a part of a multi-regional team.
• Self-starter, who can quickly and efficiently take up complex responsibilities.
•Strong networking skills and ability to work indifferent cultural contexts.
• Bilingual: fluent Chinese (Mandarin) and English skills with demonstrated working experiences.
• Familiarity with standard word processing,spreadsheet, presentation and data base software, and with electronic communication technology.
• Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and under deadlines.
• Willingness to travel.
• The candidate must be a Chinese national.
The Wildlife Trade Program works to ensure that trade in wildlife and plant is not a threat to the conservation of nature. We work in China in combating illegal wildlife trade, promoting sustainable use of timber and medicinal plants, and reducing demand for illegal wildlife products. The Program Manager will lead the projects on combating illegal wildlife trade and provide technical support to other projects, e.g. Demand Reduction.