Assistant Program Officer, Giant Panda Program
Title: Assistant Program Officer, Giant Panda Program
Reports to: Program Director, Giant Panda Program
1. Work with Director of Giant Panda Program for strengthening the corporate engagement and fund-raising work for panda conservation activities in Shanxi, Sichuan and Gansu provinces.
2. Work with Director of Giant Panda Program for strengthening the communication work of panda conservation activities in Shanxi, Sichuan and Gansu provinces.
3. Work with Director of Giant Panda Program for the development, implementation and delivery of the program strategies and activities according to WWF giant panda program strategy and ongoing program framework, and work with the team to maintain and develop the relationships with relevant partners and stakeholders for the giant panda conservation in Shanxi, Sichuan and Gansu provinces.
1. Support Directorof Giant Panda Programme and the team for identifying, contacting and interactionwith corporates in the region to strengthen the corporate engagement andfundraising work for Giant Panda Programme.
2. Support Director of Giant Panda Program and the team for strengthening the communication work of Giant Panda Program, including preparing communication materials and organizing relevant communication activities, events and campaigns for corporates and the general public.
3. Work with the team for preparing relevant workplan/budgets, reports for the panda program activities to meet the Program overall goal and objectives, and for the project implementation in the panda distribution regions to ensure the activities and the outputs are in alignment with panda program workplan and M&E plan.
4. Under the supervisionof Director of Giant Panda Programme maintain the effective interactions withlocal partners and stakeholders.
5. Under the supervision of Director of Giant Panda Program enhance WWF’s expertise and profile in terms of panda and habitat conservation.
6. Perform other tasks designated by the supervisor.
1. At least Bachelor degree. A master degree or above is an advantage.
2. Adapted to frequent travel. (Half of the workingdays are required to work in Chengdu and sometimes in Gansu province.
3. Have the willingness to work with corporates, especiallythe CSR department of the relevant corporates. The candidate with corporateengagement experience is preferred.
4. High competency of communication skills and good facilitation skills.
5. Good command of English, excellent verbal andwritten skills.
6. Strong computer skills, knowledge and experience indesign is an advantage.
7. Self-motivated and fastlearner, ability to workunder pressure and meet the deadline.
8. Team player, ability to respect and work with people with differentbackground.
• Candidates should send a cover letter addressing the selection criteria together with a CV in English and Chinese as email attachments to HR@wwfchina.org.
• Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email and please indicate your salary expectation within the cover letter.