Assistant Program Officer, Wildlife
Title: Assistant Program Officer, Wildlife (助理项目专员，物种)
Reports to: Deputy Practice Head, Wildlife
• Work with Director of Giant Panda Programme for the development, implementation and delivery of the programme strategies and activities according to WWF giant panda programme strategy and ongoing programme framework.
• Work with the team to maintain and develop the relationships with relevant partners and stakeholders for the giant panda conservation in the region.
• Support Director of Giant Panda Programme and the team for the development of workplan/budgets, reports and required communication materials for the panda programme activities to meet the Programme overall goal and objectives.
• Work with the team for the project implementation in the panda distribution regions to ensure the activities and the outputs are in alignment with panda programme workplan and M&E plan.
• Responsible for information collection from partners, provide technical assistance and guidance to partners.
• Coordinate relevant programme exchange, visits, and donor activities in the panda distribution regions.
• Under the supervision of Director of Giant Panda Programme maintain the effective interactions with local partners and stakeholders.
• Under the supervision of Director of Giant Panda Programme enhance WWF’s expertise and profile in terms of panda and habitat conservation.
• Perform other tasks designated by the supervisor.
• At least Bachelor degree in conservation biology, ecology, social sciences, economics, management or relevant discipline, conservation biology degree is preferred. A master degree or above is an advantage.
• Adapted to frequent travel. (Half of the working days are required to work in Chengdu and sometimes in Gansu province.)
• High competency of project management, good facilitation skills.
• Sound knowledge of panda conservation. Familiar with different stakeholder groups of conservation in China.
• Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently, good command of English, excellent verbal and written skills.
• Strong computer skills, knowledge and experience in design is an advantage.
• Self-motivated and fast learner, ability to work under pressure and meet the deadline.
• Team player, ability to respect and work with people with different background.
• Candidates should send a cover letter addressing the selection criteria together with a CV in English and Chinese as email attachments to HR@wwfchina.org.
• Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email and please indicate your salary expectation within the cover letter.