Senior Program Officer (Chengdu Office Programme Coordination and Regional Development)
Title: Senior Program Officer (Chengdu Office Programme Coordination and Regional Development)
Reports to: Chengdu Regional Head
• Work with Head of Chengdu Regional Office for the development, implementation and delivery of the programme strategies, policy advocacy and activities according to WWF programme strategy and ongoing programme framework, including panda, snow leopard, wetland.
• Work with the team to strengthen the regional communication, public engagement and corporate cooperation work which directly contribute to WWF China’s “Rooted in China” strategy.
• Work with the team to strengthen and develop the relationships with high level policy makers on wildlife and habitat conservation to augment WWF’s engagement in decision making process and broaden WWF’s policy advocacy channel and platform.
• Support Head of Chengdu Regional Office for the development of workplan/budgets, reports and required communication materials for the conservation programme activities in terms of best practice summarization, promotion and policy advocacy to meet the Programme overall goal and objectives.
• Support Head of Chengdu Regional Office for the project implementation of relevant components to ensure the activities and the outputs are in alignment with conservation programme workplan and M&E plan.
• Work with Head of Chengdu Regional Office to enhance the effective interactions with different level of policy makers to disseminate WWF’s demonstrated work and enhance WWF engagement in policy making process on panda conservation.
• Responsible for the project communication activity coordination with network offices.
• Responsible for programme exchange, workshop, visits, donor activities, communication & fundraising campaign coordination and organization in the region.
• Work with the team to strengthen public engagement and corporate partnership in the region.
• Perform other tasks designated by the supervisor.
• At least Bachelor degree in conservation biology, ecology, social sciences, economics, management orrelevant discipline, conservation biology degree is preferred. A master degreeor above is an advantage.
• At least 3-4 years experiences in relevant field. Excellent candidates with less than 3-4 years working experiences may be considered for Officer level position.
• Strong project management and facilitation skills.
• Extensive knowledge of wildlife conservation past and now in China, good sense of working with different stakeholder groups of conservation in China.
• Excellent team player, ability to respect and work with people with different background.
• Excellent communication skills, excellent verbal and written skills in both English and Chinese.
• Adapted to frequent travel in the project areas.
• Self-motivated and fast learner, ability to work under pressure and meet the deadline.
• Strong computer skills, knowledge and experience in design is an advantage.
• A high degree of personal integrity and commitment to conservation.
• Candidates should send a cover letter addressing the selection criteria together with a CV in English and Chinese as email attachments to HR@wwfchina.org.
• Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email and please indicate your salary expectation within the cover letter.