(Senior) Program Officer, Water
Reports to: Director, Water
• Implement the projects related to habitats and species in Yangtze Estuary and Yellow Sea Ecoregion. Assisting the Director of Water Practice, Habitats and Species on project management.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Implement work plan on the new wetland conservation strategy in Yangtze Estuary and Yellow Sea Ecoregion;
• Support the Wetland Centre in Chongming Dongtan;
• Coordinate with Asian Flyway Initiative of global fresh water practice;
• Build partnership for the projects, including governmental, academic, etc.;
• Prepare proposals, reports, budgets and any documents related to the project;
• Actively seek fund raising opportunities;
• Fulfill any other related tasks required by the supervisor.
Internal: Work closely with the team in the Water Practice, regular contact with program officers of other teams, such as Wildlife Practice and Communications etc, occasional interactions with advisors and consultants;
External: working with the related stakeholders in forestry / wetland sector, water resources, including governmental departments, academic institutions, other NGOs, etc.; Liaise with external partners, external consultants and other stakeholders.
• At least 3 years’ relevant working experience.
• Master’ degree in Environment/Conservation preferred.
• Proven academic capacities for related fields
• Competent knowledge of the international environment, conservation and/or sustainable development issues
• Good coordination, management and communication skills (spoken, reading and written (English and Chinese).
• Fast learner and good facilitator.
• Capable to work in field and rough conditions
• Strong coordination and working with teams experience
• Passionate, with a deep commitment to nature conservation.
• Good computer skills (MS Office, Email, Internet)
• Ability to quickly adapt to new assignments and developments.
• Good multi-tasking skills
• Candidates should send acover letter addressing the selection criteria together with a CV in English and Chinese as email attachments to HR@wwfchina.org.
• Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email and please indicate your salary expectation within the cover letter.