Senior Program Officer, Wildlife
Reports to: Program Manager, Wildlife
• Develop and implement strategy plan on public engagement.
• Develop concepts and proposals to raise fun.
• Develop project annual work plans and budgets.
• Monitor project implementation in line with WWF standards.
• Develop and maintain project documentation and database serving as an information source for WWF family.
• Prepare financial and technical reports as required.
• Support the development of communication materials, including social media content, newsletters, press releases, factsheets and other content as required.
• Support the implementation of communications and policy advocacy campaigns at specific time and events.
• Develop activities and products applicable to communities, enterprises and the general public and build the connection within each bases, guide the public’s experience and participation,develop the volunteer management system including the public and enterprises, and establish long-term service mechanism.
• Support the communication with WWF international network and other river dolphin countries.
• Manage partner relationship for wildlife.
• Search for chance and resource to support the Yangtze finless porpoise conservation program implementation and regional development.
• Other duties as requested by line Manager
• At least Master degree in ecology, wildlife conservation, communication, public affair management or related.
• Basic competency of project management.
• Understanding conservation issues in China.
• Familiar with international organization operating rules.
• Familiar with adaptive management approach.
• Excellent language skills in Chinese and English.
• Good communication skills.
• Basic learning ability.
• Dynamic, creative, proactive, credible, accountable and outgoing personality and commitment to nature conservation.
• At least 3 years work experience in wildlife conservation, community development or related field.
This is for Yangtze finless porpoise conservation programme under WWF wildlife practice. Program officer needs to frequently contact with project financial officer and communication staff in charge of wildlife programme. And also needs to occasionally contact with other WWF China programme, officers and teams when needed. Furthermore Programme officer will closely contact with donors/funding agencies, government officials, reserves, research institutions and universities, NGOs, etc.. And the programme officer needs to frequently contact with other agencies and offices in WWF network engaging in River Dolphin conservation as well as media agencies.
• Candidates should send a cover letter addressing the selection criteria together with a CV in English and Chinese as email attachments to HR@wwfchina.org.
• Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email and please indicate your salary expectation within the cover letter.