Program Officer, Wildlife
Title: Program Officer, Wildlife
Reports to: Program Manager, Wildlife
• Develop and implement strategy plan.
• Develop concepts and proposals to raise fund.
• Develop project annual workplans and budgets.
• Monitor project implementation in line with WWF standards.
• Develop and maintain project documentation and database serving as an information source for WWF family.
• Prepare financial and technical reports as required.
• Assist communication colleagues for development of sound communication strategy and participate incommunication, public engagement activities when needed.
• Develop protection method and technology on UAV patrolling, PA management effective monitoring standards, digital monitoring, AI individual recognition, youth talent program, etc..
• Assist line manager’s work on policy advocacy, and international conferences and cooperation projects on River dolphins etc.
• Manage partner relationship for wildlife.
• Search for chance and resource to support the Yangtze finless porpoise conservation program implementation and regional development.
• Other duties as requested by Manager.
• At least Master degree in ecology, wildlife conservation or related.
• Basic competency of project management.
• Understanding conservation issues in China.
• Familiar with international organization operating rules.
• Familiar with adaptive management approach.
• Excellent language skills in Chinese and English.
• Good communication skills.
• Basic learning ability.
• Adaptive to frequent field travel.
• Dynamic, creative, proactive, credible, accountable and outgoing personality and commitment to nature conservation.
• At least 3 years work experience in wildlife conservation, community development or related field.
This is for Yangtze finless porpoise conservation programme under WWF wildlife practice. Program officer needs to frequently contact with project financial officer and communication staff in charge of wildlife programme. And also needs to occasionally contact with other WWF China programme, officers and teams when needed. Further more Programme officer will closely contact with donors/funding agencies, government officials, reserves, research institutions and universities, NGOs, etc.. And the programme officer needs to frequently contact with other agencies and offices in WWF network engaging in River Dolphin conservation as well as media agencies.
• Candidates should send a cover letter addressing the selection criteria together with a CV in English and Chinese as email attachments to HR@wwfchina.org.
• Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subjectline of your email and please indicate your salary expectation within the cover letter.