Program Officer, Forest
Position: Program Officer, Forest (项目专员，森林)
Report to: Senior Program Officer, Forest
• Develop and implement a comprehensive project strategy, and coordinate the implementation team timely delivered according to the workplan, in order to achieve the project goals. This includes program planning, budgets and expenditures managing, project progress monitoring, financial reporting etc.
• Build, and maintain the strong relationship with key corporate partnership in pulp&paper sector.
• Work closely with other NGOs community in China and seek opportunities to promote deforestation/conversion free supply chain.
• Assist with fund-raising efforts for the project, incl. development of proposals and reports, building relationships with funders, in collaboration with other team members.
• Work with the other team members of WWF China and network offices colleagues to enhance WWF’s influence.
• Accept assignments from line manager and practice head.
• Good knowledge of pulp&paper sector in China;
• A minimum of 5 years program or other working professional experience;
• A Bachelor’s or above degree in relevant field, such as business and natural resources management;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
• Able to meet deadlines, and effectively prioritize under time constraints in the face of dynamic administrative, budget and political parameters;
WWF China started Forests Programme since from 1996. Now it has extended its scope to forest landscape restoration, sustainable forest management, green supply chain management, China’s responsible overseas investment, and sustainable consumption. One of the key components is to transform the market in China and combat global deforestation challenge through spreading the deforestation/conversion free concept and tools.
• Candidates should send a cover letter addressing the selection criteria together with a CV in English and Chinese as email attachments to HR@wwfchina.org.
• Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email and please indicate your salary expectation within the cover letter.