Senior Program Officer, Markets
Reports to: Practice Manager, Markets
This position will be supporting the project management and implementation with a focus on food area especially in soft commodities.
• Day-to-day coordination for supporting implementation and operation of WWF China’s current initiatives primarily in soy, meat under the project strategy and designs.
• Knowledge building and management in focal area, ensuring updated project knowledge package for dissemination and awareness building activities;
• Work with partners and communication team for the project oriented public engagement strategy and activities design, implementation, and necessary communication materials and tools utilization through various channels；
• Ensure that all project activities are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
• Works with project personnel, grantees, consultants, and others to facilitate coordination, and regular reporting as required.
• Liaise and collaborate with WWF global network and other players to ensure regional and global connections.
• Support in opportunity exploration proposal development for new potential projects.
• Performs otherduties as assigned.
• Bachelor or above. Preferably with some background knowledge with sustainability issue.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience, working experience in food relevant companies or projectsetc. is preferred
• Good coordination, project management and communication skills
• Familiar with communication tools and channels;
• Good communication skills (spoken, reading and written in English and Chinese).
• High level of competence in project management, partnership development, attention to details and adherence to deadlines.
• Self-motivated, output-oriented to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Excellentability to work cross-culturally and inter-personal skills
• Good team work spirit, open minded and have strategic thinking
WWF has been working hard to create aharmonious co-prosperity between human beings and nature. and has cultivatedfor many years in the sustainable supply chain of agricultural commodities suchas soybeans, palm oil, beef, seafood, food waste, etc.. While at the same time, under the broader dimension of market transformation area, we are promoting abroader green transformation of supply chains and more efficient use ofresources in the food and other areas. These are carried out under collaborative manners, such as initiatives such as China Sustainable Meat Declaration, China Sustainable Palm Oil Alliance, etc. These platforms will play as key platforms for multstakeholders’ joint efforts for creating momentum.
This position will be internally report to the Programme Manager, Markets of WWF China and work closely with the rest ofthe Markets team in WWF China. At the same time keep regular interaction withkey staff in other team of WWF China, including but not limited to forest, governance, finance, communication and administration, as well as the global markets and food teams in the network. Externally will need to keep Regular interactions with project partners, government officials, other NGOs, local communities, donors, etc.
• Candidates should send a cover letter addressing the selection criteria together with a CV in English and Chinese as email attachments to HR@wwfchina.org.
• Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email and please indicate your salary expectation within the coverletter.