Senior Program Manager, Wildlife Trade
LOCATION: Beijing, China
REPORTS TO: Director, Wildlife Trade Programme
DATE: December 2018
• Under the supervision of Director of WildlifeTrade Programme, the Senior Manager/Project Manager works closely with the networks’ ivory demand reduction teams, and leads the planning and coordination of the Ivory Demand Reduction Project in China.
• As the Senior Manager/project manager, he/she works closely with WWF’s Ivory HII (High Impact Initiative, one of the key initiatives of both the Wildlife and Markets Practices)Coordination Team, WWF Germany, WWF USA and TRAFFIC International, inconjunction with Chinese partners, to achieve the project’s objectives on time, within budget, quality and performance.
• Communicate with project partners, including the government organizations, behavior change expert group, creative agencies, social media platforms, tour industry, and other NGOs, and act as the key contact person on appropriate issues during the project implementation.
• Update the strategic plan for the ivory demand reduction work in China, including overall goals and strategies
• Prepare annual plans for China’s ivory demand reduction including specific objectives and action plans
• Lead regular status update calls to track and drive progress on the ivory demand reduction work, and provide regular updates on progress to WWF China, WWF Germany, WWF USA, TRAFFIC International and other colleagues in the Ivory HII team
• Generate relevant insights from existing research and commission additional research where necessary to shape strategies and plans
• Coordinate impactful behavior change campaigns with relevant partners, including creative agencies, media owners, tour companies and behavior change experts group
• Contribute to internal and external communications and reports about the ivory demand reduction project
• Monitor and evaluate project progress and performance, ensuring the timely delivery and technical quality of project results – including projects partners
• Support project audits by working with the project finance and administration team members
• Support activities of WWF colleagues in the HII team as needed, in WWF-China, Hong Kong SAR, Singapore and the Greater Mekong Region
• Other duties as requested by Director of Wildlife Trade Programme.
• Report to Director of Wildlife Trade Programme of WWF China
• Work with Online Campaigner and Traveler Campaigner of Ivory Demand Reduction Project, and other team members of Wildlife Trade Programme and Global Ivory HII Coordination Team, WWF Germany, USA and Greater Mekong Region offices and TRAFFIC International
• Interact with a large variety of external parties as needed, including creative agencies, research agencies, academic institutions/university, social media platforms, behavior change experts, other Non-Governmental Organizations and Inter-Governmental Organizations.
• A university degree in a relevant discipline(e.g., management, law, politics, social and environmental sciences) and experience with international Non-Governmental Organizations, Inter-Governmental Organizations or international business;
• A minimum of 8-year/5-year program or other working professional experience, cross business and non-government organization;
• Additional experience in the following areas is desirable: strategic planning, project management, digital marketing, communications and working with IGOs, INGOs or Transnational Corporations;
• A pro-active person with a passion for wildlife conservation issues and the ability to stimulate and motivate colleagues;
• High-level of inter personal, diplomatic and negotiation skills, and ability to interface and collaborate effectively with internal and external partners and organizations;
• Bilingual: fluent Chinese (Mandarin) and excellent English skills with demonstrated working experiences;
• Familiarity with standard word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and data base software, and with electronic communication technology;
• Self-starter, proactive, excellent communication and networking skills, versatile and able to work in a team as well as independently;
• Innovative, capacity for strategic thinking;
• Abilityto multi-task, work under pressure and under deadlines;
• Willingness to travel;
• Adheres to WWF’s values which are:Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging;
• The candidate must be a Chinese national.
• Candidates should send a cover letter addressing the selection criteria together with a CV in English and Chinese as email attachments to HR@wwfchina.org.
• Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email and please indicate your salary expectation within the cover letter.