Program Manager, Wildlife Trade
REPORTS TO: Director, Wildlife Trade Programme
DATE: December 2018
The Online Manager is responsible to develop acomprehensive Ivory Demand Reduction strategy targeting potential ivory buyers among millennial, and then implement the strategy through the social media platforms. The objective of work is to change millennial ivory consumption behavior in collaboration with behavior change expert group, creative agencies, research agencies and social media platforms.
• Develop WWF China’s comprehensive Ivory Demand Reduction strategy targeting potential ivory buyers among millennial;
• Prepare annual plans for Ivory Demand Reduction for millennial including specific objectives, action plans and budget plans;
• Ensure proactive support to the team, in conjunction with the network and Chinese partners, to reduce demand for ivory products among millennial;
• Keep colleagues updated on progress and opportunities to scale up up and go faster, including the Wildlife Trade Programme/Communication Team in WWF China, Global HII Coordination Team, WWF Germany, USA and Greater Mekong Region offices, TRAFFIC International Behavior Change Team, and other relevant international colleagues;
• Ensure smooth and timely communications with the government organizations, media, and other NGOs, and act as key contact person on appropriate issues during the project implementation;
• Contribute to internal and external communications and reports about Demand Reduction work, especially related to Ivory Demand Reduction of millennial;
• Other duties as requested by the Director of Wildlife Trade Programme
• Report to Director of Wildlife Trade Programme of WWF China;
• Work with Project Manager and Traveler Manager of Ivory Demand Reduction Project, and other team members of Wildlife Trade Programme and Global Ivory HII Coordination Team, WWF Germany, USA and Greater Mekong Region offices and TRAFFIC International Behavior Change Team.
• Interact with a large variety of external parties as needed, including creative agencies, research agencies, academic institutions/university, social media platforms, behavior change experts, other NGOs and IGOs.
• A university degree in business, marketing, communications or other related fields;
• At least 5 years of work experience in business and sustainability;
• Additional experience in the following areas is desirable: strategic planning, project management, digital marketing, communications and working with IGOs, INGOs or Transnational Corporations;
• A pro-active person with a passion for wildlife conservation issues and the ability to stimulate and motivate colleagues;
• Demonstrated experiences in coordinating and supporting colleagues from different countries;
• Competent in MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint;
• Excellent command of English and Mandarin(written and oral);
• Self-starter, proactive, excellent communication and networking skills, versatile and able to work in a team as well as independently;
• Innovative, capacity for strategic thinking;
• Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and under deadlines;
• Willingness to travel;
• Adheres to WWF’s values which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging;
• The candidate must be a Chinese national.
• Candidates should send a cover letter addressing the selection criteria together with a CV in English and Chinese as email attachments to HR@wwfchina.org.
• Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email and please indicate your salary expectation within the coverletter.