Senior Manager, Legal and Compliance
Report to: Executive Director, People and Organizational Development
To provide general legal support to meet WWF China strategic needs as well as WWF international network standards
• To respond all the legal requirements from internal customers including to draft standard contract template, review various contract/agreement/MOU in accordance with the relevant PRC laws and provide related trainings.
• To implement WWF international standard and regulatory to network offices and corporate compliance related internal control policies and other risk identification and mitigating measure/process.
• To manage the legal risks.
• To trace the latest policy changes related to the businesses and legal entities of WWF China, as well as report LT the changes and analysis.
• To support/lead corporate Due Diligence and provide legal opinion.
• To develop and manage the relations with external legal firms, as well as the projects with them.
• In a timely, effective and consistent manner, deal with daily compliance consultation to ensure operations and employees are proactively and efficiently supported in all compliance matters.
• To develop standardized MOU and contract templates, and to review contracts based on requirements.
• To develop new internal compliance policies according to actual needs to minimize organizational risks.
• To provide compliance training to all staff.
• To coordinate with Legal Counsel of WWF International.
• Other tasks assigned by Line Manager.
• PED, PDD, and program teams in WWF China
• WWF international and Network offices
• Operation teams
• Law firms
• Other NGOs;
• University education in Law; passed National Bar Examination.
• At least 5 - 8 years’ experience in legal or compliance in multinational companies;
• Working knowledge of institution set up, applicable anti-briberylaws, regulations and standards;
• Familiar with NGO and Charity Law;
• Project management would be beneficial;
• Proficiency in English;
• Training experience is a plus.
Skills and Traits
• Commitment to hard work, even under great pressure; ability towork in a fast-paced, changing environment; ability to prioritize activities and manage multi-task.
• Ability to work on own initiative with good attention to detail, proactive & creative in problem solving, analytical thinking andresults-oriented.
• Strong written and oral communication skills both in Chinese and English and good networking capabilities.
• Ability to analyze, interpret, draft and implement requirements from supervision authorities.
• Ability to make effective presentation for internal and external audiences.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Candidates should send a cover letter addressing the selection criteria together with a CV in English and Chinese as email attachments to HR@wwfchina.org.
• Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email and please indicate your salary expectation within the coverletter.