Program Officer, Climate & Energy
Reports to: Climate& Energy and Green Finance Practice Head
• Conduct research and publish reports in consultation with other colleagues on lowcarbon city progress, strategies and tools.
• Lead to strengthen WWF China low carbon city capacity building.
• Responsible for successful implementation and development of low carbon city work directed by Climate & Energy Program.
• Work with WWF China Head of Climate Change and Energy Practice to build relationships with environmental and development NGOs, Government Departments, the scientific institution and colleagues within the WWF Network, to develop and share latest thinking on adaptation practice, frameworks, strategies and tools.
• Contribute to WWF China Climate & Energy internal reporting, supporter enquiries, communications and fundraising activities.
• Support the development of funding opportunities for WWF China low carbon city as part of a wider climate change fundraising programme.
• Other tasks allocated by C&E Practice Head.
• Minimum of 2 years’ work experience of working on climate and energy, or related environment and/or development issues, either in an NGO or the public or private sector.
• Under graduate degree (Master’s degree preferred) in related area.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Mandarin and English.
• Excellent presentation, communication and facilitation skills.
• Abroad understanding of the various aspects of low carbon city, particularly frameworks, strategies and tools for implementation.
• Excellent inter-personal skills, and team work skills including ability to internal communication, open mind strategic think, self-motivated and innovative and meet deadlines.
• Good current understanding of principles of related program.
• Proactive, innovative and output-oriented personality.
• Adhere to WWF’s values.
This is for Climate & Energy program under WWF Climate & Energy and Green Finance practice. Climate & Energy officer needs work closely with team members, and to frequently contact with head of Climate and Energy and Green Finance Practice. Frequent interaction with colleagues from other divisions, Practices, and WWF Network is also needed.
• Candidates should send a cover letter addressing the selection criteria together with a CV in English and Chinese as email attachments to HR@wwfchina.org.
• Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email and please indicate your salary expectation within the coverletter.