Director, Brand & Communications
Report to: Director, PublicEngagement
Dept.: Public Engagement
The Communications Directoris responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive communication and branding strategy in support of One Planet Foundation’s organizational development goals. She or he will be directing the communications team to ensure effective and most up-to-date communications practices, foster an ongoing positive profile and brand awareness for the organization, promote strong public awareness of conservation issues and widen the supporter base for One Planet Foundation.
· Developing One Planet Foundation’s comprehensive communications and out reach strategies, covering branding, media relations, and program communications.
a. Brand: Continually evolving the WWF-OPF brand and overseeing its implementation to position OPF as a leading conservation organization in China.
b. Media: keeping apositive profile of OPF in the media and ensuring aligned messaging on national priorities and campaigns.
c. Program Communications: driving advocacy and communication for OPF China’s programmes.
· Business planning: Fostering an efficient and measurable planning system and the right tactics that ensure consistent and effective implementation of the strategies;
· Monitoring and evaluation: Managing the overall implementation of the communications strategies and plans, driving best practices and ensuring quality deliveries.
· Budgeting: Developing annual budget plan for Communications Department, planning the use of resources and allocating them among designed activities. Ensuring that all activities stick to the budget.
· Team development: Building a competent and efficient Communications Department delivering the communications strategy. Fostering teamwork spirit while motivating team members to take initiatives. Making tailored capacity building plans for team members to facilitate career development.
· Cross department support: Ensuring proactive support to all other programmatic and outreaching teams to achieve organizational objectives. Creating synergy through collaboration and joint-planning. Be flexible in assigning capacity to form ad-hoc task forces.
· WWF Network: Ensuring smooth and timely communications with related teams and individuals of WWF Network, and responsible for aligning OPF communications strategies and activities with the Network.
· Third party relations: Developing and maintaining constructive working relationship with partners, donors, other NGOs, media, agencies, etc.
· Report to Director of Public Engagement of WWF China.
· Work with WWF and OPF managers,in designing and implementing communications plans.
· Work with WWF Network in designing and implementing Network-related communications, and in integrating CPO communications to that of the Network.
· Supervising Communications team.
· Government, related organizations and institutions;
· Existing and potential Corporate partners;
· Other NGOs;
· Minimum of 8 years’ experience in responsible positions relevant to this post;
· University degree in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing or related fields.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Mandarin and English.
· Direct experience in a newsroom or an agency isan advantage.
· High level of competence in media liaison and public relation.
· Good organizational skills and proven abilities in administration and management.
· Excellent inter-personal skills, including ability to transfer skills, supervise and network.
· Self-motivated and innovative; able to work under pressure with a team of people and meet deadlines.
· Good current understanding of nature conservation issues and strategies; understanding of WWF and OPF’s in China and globally.
· Excellent ability to work cross-culturally.
· Candidates should send a cover letter, CV in English and Chinese to email@example.com.
· Please indicate the applying position in title, salary expectation in Email and send them in attachment.