Manager, Technology and Environment
Report to: Chief Advisor, Technology and Environment
As part of the technology excellence team, this position is responsible for applying technology trends, strategy or project to empower WWF China with appropriate technology application in both internal deployment and external cooperation. This position supports bringing WWF up to speed with latest and appropriate technology to improve efficiency and impact, as well as opening up new revenue streams with new partnerships and new possibilities through technology and innovation.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Collect organization needs on technology application in conservation area and seek the feasibility of deploying incost-effective way in WWF China, meanwhile support on building WWF China leadership role on technology application among NGOs and field conservation.
· Execute the projects that guided by Chief Advisor and enable WWF China to engage into technology related funding, resource and impact investing.
· Support Chief advisor on deploying WWF technology strategy to partners, management, donors and employees.
· Assist Chief advisor on acting as focal point to represent WWF China to collaborate and co-develop technology and innovation ideas in the WWF Network.
· Implement pilot projects with chief advisor’s guidance which are:-
a) positions WWF China as a cutting edge player in the technology and environment field, and
b) opens up new revenue stream and new funding opportunities;
c) maximize conservation and mobilization impact by applying technology and innovation to conservation and public outreach.
· Build up capacity and manage the project team to implement these projects.
· Provide cross-functional support for environmental conservation in WWF China. Work multi-functionally to ensure necessary program support and prioritization to successful rollouts and better impacts of environmental conservation program by leveraging technological application.
· Perform other duties as line manger required.
Internal:: WWF China internal and networkoffices.
External:multinational and localtechnology companies, associations and agencies .
• Minimum 5 years workingexperience in Environment protection role. Experience in working orcollaborating with international NGOs as a plus.
• Good communication andcoordination skills with technology partners as well as with WWF network.
• Creatively thinking outof box, Professional presentation skills and good problem-solving abilities.
• Detail-focused,enthusiastic, ambitious and self-motivated.
• Proficiency in Mandarinand English.
• Bachelor or above, technology/marketingrelated experience is preferable.