Program Manager, Forest
Reports to: Practice Head, Forest
• Lead the promotion of China’s responsible trade andinvestment in the timber sectorof Africa and other areas as requested.
• Communicate regularly with key stakeholders, includingChinese traders and Investors in Africa, governmental agencies, local office,and other civil societies.
• Support development and execution of trainings; as wellas tripartite forums with government (including Chinese government), companies,and civil society.
• Support and organize events in Africa for sustainabletimber trade and investment, including Chinese delegation’s visits to Africa,the training to Chinese timber businesses, and ensure the relevant follow-upactivities.
• Maintain contact and liaise via e-mail, telephone andvisits to Africa to coordinate the on-going project activities, and wherepossible seek new partnership opportunities for funding.
• Collect information on business features in Africa and inconsultation with the project leader, take advantage of relevant opportunities.
• Assist with timely WWF China and donor technical andfinancial reporting on the project implementation.
• On behalf WWF to maintain communications and interactionswith internal and external partners, including but not limited to governmentagencies, research institutions, companies and other organizations, as well asWWF network.
• Good knowledge of global forest issuesrelevant to forestry, environment, or international trade.
• Minimal 8 years program or other workingprofessional experience cross business and non-government organization.Knowledge related to Africa or forest sector is preferred.
• Excellent command of English and Chinese(written and spoken)
• Able to meet deadlines, and effectivelyprioritize under time constraints in the face of dynamic administrative, budgetand political parameters.
• High-level of interpersonal, diplomatic andnegotiation skills, and ability to interface and collaborate effectively withinternal and external partners and organizations.
• Experience working within a large and complexorganization across geographical, cultural and language boundaries.
This is for Forests Practice under WWF China. WWFChina set Forests Programme since from 1996. Now it has extended its scope toforest landscape restoration, sustainable forest management, green supply chainmanagement, China’s responsible overseas investment, and sustainableconsumption. The programme manager will be on behalf od the practice and leadthe key portfolios.
Contact information:Candidates should send a cover letter, a CV in English and Chinese to email@example.com. The subject should be indicated "Web+Job Title+Name+Expected City of Work".