Senior Program Officer, Governance
Reports to: Practice Head, Governance
This position will be supporting a range of project management and implementation tasks with a focus on policy advocacy for the coming Conference of Parties ofthe Convention of Biological Diversity.
• Take the leading role in policy advocacy on projectin China.
• Support the Policy director to develop WWF China’s policy advocacy strategy for the project.
• Implement project management tasks, including drafting project concepts, preparation of budgets and work plans, managing contracts with consultants and partners, and completing timely reports to donors and WWF senior management.
• Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time,within scope and within budget.
• Build partnership with key government agencies and think-tanks in China who are influential in the preparation of the project.
• Provide regular in-depth policy analysis on the project negotiation and act as the technical resource.
• Other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
• Liaise with WWF network for the global advocacy on the project.
• Work closely with the Global Policy and Advocacy Team of WWF International.
• Keep regular communications with donor office(such as the UK, Germany, France) and partner offices ( e.g., Brazil, Colombia,India and Kenya).
• Minimum of 5-8 years’ work experience in related areas, experience on international environmental governance such as and SDG is preferred.
• A master’s degree in a relevant discipline (international studies, international law, environmental science, sustainable development) is preferred.
• Expertise and knowledge of biological diversity conservation, multilateral diplomacy, sustainable development and relevant policy topics.
• Ability to work well under pressur.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Mandarin and English.
• High level of competence in project management, partnership development, attention to details and adherence to deadlines.
• Excellent ability to work cross-culturally, proposal writing, policy analysis and information management.
• Excellent inter-personal skills, and team work skills including ability to internal communication, open mind strategic think,self-motivated and innovative and meet deadlines.
• Proactive, innovative and output-oriented personality.
• Report to the Policy Director of WWF China and work closely with the rest of the policy team in WWF China.
• Regular interaction with key staff in other team of WWF China, including but not limited to wildlife, forestry, water, market, communication, finance and administration, as well as the Global Policy and Advocacy Team in WWF International and focal points of the project in the network.
• Regular inter actions with project partners, government officials, other NGOs, local communities, donors, etc.
WWF China is developing its capacity to actively contribute to global environmental governance. The 15th Conference of Parties (COP) of Convention of Biological Diversity, which will be hosted by China in 2020, presents such a good chance.The position is expected to take the leading role in designing and implementing policy advocacy plan by partnering with key government agencies and to presearch institutions in China. The senior officer also needs to effectively liaise both with other teams in China office as well as WWF International and key offices to deliver the over all target.
Contact information:Candidates should send a cover letter, a CV in English and Chinese to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject should be indicated "Web+Job Title+Name+Expected City of Work".