Assistant Program Officer, Forest (Consultant)
Reports to: Program Manager, Forest
• Support the design, coordination and implementation of WWF’s program.
• Timely prepare and deliver program documentations, including program activity reports.
• Develop program contracts to partners/consultants following WWF’s regulation.
• Collect information from program and offices, and prepare yearly summary or communication materials.
• Maintain communications and interactions among government agencies, research institutions, companies and other organizations, as well as WWF network.
• Participate in conferences and workshops to communicate with other organizations, companies and government agencies.
• Develop and maintain strategic partnership for raising WWF’s profile and influence.
• Work under supervisor to support building and maintaining sound relationship with network and non-network donors;
• Other tasks all ocated by Head of division or department.
• A Master’s degree in forestry science.
• Minimum of 1-3 years’ work experience in forest management.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills in Mandarin and English.
• High level of competency in project management, partnership development,communications, marketing / corporate and public communications. Excellent ability to work cross-culturally, proposal writing, policy analysis and information management.
• Excellent inter-personal skills, and team work skills including the ability of internal communication, open mind strategic think, self-motivated and innovative.
• Good principle understanding of related programs.
• Proactive, innovative and output-oriented personality.
WWF has been working actively to increase the availability of FSC –certified wood for more than a decade in China. Up to today, there are around three million hectares of FSC certified forests and more than 25,000 small holders that are benefited directly from the support of WWF in China. The sustainable program created this enabling environment through pushing forward the global goals of encouraging responsible forestry management and safe guarding high conservation value forests, the team also engaged in the matic issues of sustainable timber products trade & investment, green finance mechanism and consumer campaign projects.
This assistant officer position in under the WWF Beijing Office’s program team and needs to frequently contact with project finance officer as well as the communicators in the program. The assistant officer to be will also closely contact with other team members from the program practice, local government officials, partners from private sectors, research institutions and universities, WWF network colleagues and media respondents. Overall the assistant officer needs to show a team work spirit dealing with various stakeholders from different sectors.
Contact information:Candidates should send a cover letter, a CV in English and Chinese to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject should be indicated "Web+Job Title+Name+Expected City of Work".