Program Manager, Climate & Energy
Position title: Program Manager, Climate & Energy
Reports to: Practice Head, Climate & Energy
1. Overall management and taking responsibility for all activities, projects and staff within the division.
2. Responsible for successful implementation and development of the projects associated with WWF Climate & Energy Practice strategy and goals.
3. Responsible for successful implementation and development of pilot city work.
4. Liaise and account manages to strengthen relations with partners from local governments, academic institutions, donors and other NGOs.
5. Assist Practice Head, Climate & Energy Practice to develop Practice strategy, as well as annual action plan for the division.
6. Constantly monitor and evaluate project implementation and be responsible for delivery of committed conservation results and impact.
7. Liaise internal collaboration across projects as relevant to the achievement of the Practice’s strategic goals and action plans.
8. Strengthen project communication within or out of WWF China.
1. Design the pilot city projects by working with Climate & Energy Practice Head.
2. Develop and maintain the partnerships with local governments, academic institutions, donors and NGO peers.
3. Lead the collection, analysis, coordination, production and dissemination of communication documentations for the Program to promote and profile the program within or out of WWF, including:
• Monthly Program news updates
• Program profiles, Q and A, issue papers, achievement highlights and briefs
• Program information for WWF connect
• And other documents as appropriate
4. Build up team capacity. Coordinate and support Climate & Energy Practice to fulfill people management and coach focus on talent development and competency development of staffs.
5. Adequate interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team with other staff in achieving common goals and ability to work hard and meet deadlines.
6. Prepare and monitor the annual budget of the projects in collaboration with operational staffs.
7. Coordinate and support C&E Practice Head to make AIM review and communication one by one with teammates.
8. Provide Policy&Research Division with pilot experiences.
9. Perform other tasks as requested by Climate & Energy Practice Head.
1. Internal: Primary supervisor is Practice Head, Climate & Energy Practice. Regular contacts with teammates. Occasional contacts with other WWF Practices, Public Engagement department, Partnership & Development department and Operation teams.
2. External: Regular interaction with local governments, technical partners, and other NGOs working in the field.
1. Master or relevant degree in related area is preferred.
2. At least 5-8 year experiences.
3. Urban planning background is preferred.
3. Excellent communicator, strong work ethic, the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
4. Detail-focused, enthusiastic, ambitious and self-motivated.
5. Strong city knowledge, professional presentation skill sand good problem solving abilities.
6. Good communication skills, communicate effectively and efficiently.
7. Proficiency inMandarin and English.
8. Adhere to WWF’s values.