Program Officer, Markets
Program Officer, Markets
Title: Program Officer，Markets
Reports to: Program Manager,Markets
I. Main Responsibilities:
1. Support Markets Practice Head,for the development of workplan/budgets, reports and required communicationmaterials for the programme activities to meet the Programme overall goal andobjectives.
2. Work with the team for theproject implementation to ensure the activities and the outputs are inalignment with programme work plan and M&E plan.
3. Coordinate relevant programmeexchange, visits, and donor.
4. Work with the team onfundamental research and study work related to the idle cloths and other areasrelated to resource recycling and reuse
5. Under the supervision of MarketsPractice Head maintain the effective interactions with partners andstakeholders at national and local levels.
6. Under the supervision of MarketsPractice Head build up WWF’s expertise and enhance WWF’s profile in terms of idlecloths and other areas related to resource recycling and reuse.
7. Deliver other tasks and ensurequalified outcomes requested by line manager.
1. At least Bachelor degree inenvironment, management or relevant discipline, Master preferred.
2. At least 2 years of experiencesin relevant field.
3. High competency of projectmanagement, good facilitation skills.
4. Good ability in datacollection, research.
5. Knowledge of waste textilereuse and recycle, familiar with different stakeholder groups in China.
6. Self-motivated and fast learner,ability to work under pressure and meet the deadline.
7. Team player, ability to respectand work with people with different background.
8. Ability to communicate effectivelyand efficiently, good command of English, excellent verbal and written skills.
9. Strong computer skills,knowledge and experience is an advantage.
III. Working Relationship
1. Internal: daily contacts withstaff in Markets &Food practice . Regular contacts with relevant operationand conservation programme staff of WWF China and WWF network when needed.
2. External: regular interactionwith regional partners and donors, e.g. governmental agencies, local NGOs,research institutions.
IV. Program Brief:
WWF has always been advocating and promoting sustainable productionand consumption, not only gaining enormous experience and solid workingfoundation at home and abroad in sustainable production, trade, and consumptionof seafood, soybean, palm tree oil, beef, and etc., but also doing preliminaryexploring and promoting to encourage domestic food’s sustainable production,reduce food waste, and improve the re-circulation and reuse of unused goods.WWF has collaborated with key players in China to draw social attention tounused goods and dispel the public prejudice that is all shabby and defective.Purchasing unused clothing is expected to be a fashion rather than beingconfined to charity. WWF plans to improve the efficiency and convenience ofsecond-hand clothing re-circulation and reuse, explore a high-efficient way ofrecycling certain types of clothes, and build an effective clothes-recyclingplatform.