Senior Program Officer, Wildlife （高级项目专员，物种)
Title: Senior Program Officer, Wildlife （高级项目专员，物种)
Reports to: Program Director, Wildlife
1. Work with the programme team for the development of work plan/budgets,reports and required communication materials for the programme activities to meet the Programme overall goal and objectives.
2. Responsible for the project implementation in the region to ensure the activities and the outputs are in alignment with programme work plan and M&E plan. At least has 3 months field work in Ganshu or Xinjiang autonomous region annually.
3. Function as a resource person to WWF family for conservation and WWF’s programme work in the region.
4. Provide necessary technical assistance and guidance to partners in terms of nature reserve, habitat and corridor management, as well as relevant field.
5. Work with programme team to enhance the effective interactions with local partners and stakeholders to strengthen WWF’s conservation work in the territory and their supports to WWF programme.
6. Work with programme team to build up WWF’s expertise and enhance WWF’sprofile in terms of conservation in the region.
7. Perform other tasks designated by the supervisor.
8. Other tasks allocated by organization.
1. At least Bachelor degree in conservation management or relevant discipline.
2. At least 5-8 years experiences in relevant field.
3. Strong project management skills and facilitation skills.
4. Extensive knowledge of panda conservation in the region, good sense of working with different stakeholder groups of conservation in China.
5. Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently. Good command of English.
6. Strong computer skills. GIS is an advantage.
7. Adapted to frequent travel in the mountainous areas.
8. Self-motivated,willingness to explore new working area and to update professional knowledge and skills.
9. Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Program Brief:Work with Director of wildlife species program for the development, implementation and delivery of snow leopard program &Yangtze finless porpoise strategies and activities in Gansu Province, Xinjiang autonomous region and central & lower Yangtze reaches according to WWFChina program strategy and ongoing programme framework. Develop and maintain and the relationships with relevant partners and stakeholders for the snow leopard conservation in the region. Close working relationships within wildlife species program team. Occasional and ready contacts with other WWF China programmes, offices and teams as well as network donors when needed. Regular interaction with regional governmental sectors and research institutions, close contacts with local partners.