Programme Officer, Wildlife
Title: Program Officer, Wildlife
Reports to: Program Director, Wildlife
1. Support Director of Programme for the development of workplan/budgets, reportsand required communication materials for the programme activities to meet the Programmeoverall goal and objectives.
2. Work with the team for the project implementation in the region toensure the activities and the outputs are in alignment with programme work planand M&E plan.
3. Provide technical assistance and guidance to partners in terms of naturereserve, habitat and corridor management, as well as relevant field.
4. Coordinate relevant programme exchange, visits, and donor activities inthe region.
5. Under the supervision of Programme Director maintain the effectiveinteractions with local partners and stakeholders.
6. Under the supervision of Programme Director build up WWF’s expertise and enhance WWF’sprofile in terms of panda and habitat conservation in the region.
7. Other tasks allocated by organization.
1. At least Bachelor degreein conservation management or relevant discipline, Master preferred.
2. Atleast 2 yearsexperiences in relevant field. Assistant Programme Officer considered for less experience.
3. High competency of projectmanagement, good facilitationskills.
4. Sound knowledge of panda conservation in the region. Familiar with differentstakeholder groups of conservation in China.
5. Ability to communicateeffectively and efficiently, good command of English, excellent verbal and written skills.
6. Strong computer skills, knowledge and experience indesign is an advantage.
7. Adapted to frequent travel in the mountainousareas.
8. Self-motivated and fast learner,ability towork under pressure and meet the deadline.
9. Team player, abilityto respect andwork with people with different background.
Work with Director of Panda Programme for the development,implementation and delivery of the programme strategies and activities inSichuan Province according to WWF panda programme 2020 strategy and ongoingprogramme framework. Work with the team to maintain and develop therelationships with relevant partners and stakeholders for the giant pandaconservation in the region. Internal workingrelationships include close working relationships within panda programme team. Occasional andready contactswith other WWF China programmes, offices and teamswhen needed. And the externalinclude: Closecontacts with local partners. Occasional communication withregional governmental sectors or research institutions, etc. when needed.