Programme Officer, Environmental Education
Position title: Programme Officer, Environmental Education
Reports to: Manager, Environmental Education
Ranking: Programme Officer
I. Mission of the Environmental Education Programme (EEP)
By 2020, WWF China set up classic and widest applied Environmental Education Theory and Tools across China together with related official platforms and experts, meanwhile multi-platforms to engage professions and general public in EE/conservation are established based on WWF China’s conservation practices. The EE department becomes one of beneficial centres of WWF China contributing to the overall organizational strategy of WWF China.
II. Major Functions
1. Support programme manager strategy plan, programme implementation, partnership maintenance and donor network development of the EE programme.
2. Conduct the east China regional scale EE project management, incl. proposal development and project implementation with support of EE, partnership maintain and management, communication, training and EE activities administration work, etc. Provide coordination with relevant WWF divisions and partners, e.g. communication, membership, PDD, conservation, etc.
3. Be responsible for summarizing conservation relevant programme documents and achievements into educational material, and support to enrich and active the content of WWF China communication and education programme.
III. Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Support the EE Director to design, develop. implement and manage related projects or project activities. Responsible for developing regional scale EE work plan under the coach of line manager.
2. Ensure good management and implementation on localized EE projects, as well as its positive outcome to contribute to overall EE goals.
3. Develop and well manage the regional EE expertise group on environmental education to ensure sufficient external support on both technical and practical issues.
4. Support to the programme management and delivery, esp. relevant budget plan, routine reports development, communication and monitoring work.
5. Responsible to summary WWF relevant conservation programme documents and achievements into educational material to form the basic of Panda Pal interactive EE database, as well as a sustain source for WWF ‘s routine online communication and education work.
6. Maintain and manage partnership network with local governmental departments, NGOs, local communities, consultants, academic institutions, and contracted international organizations.
7. Develop and maintain good internal and external relationships with donors and partners.
8. Closely work with PED, PDD team and relevant conservation staff to transfer technical informations into interactive environmental education projects with localized symbols to support public engagement work.
9. Get prepared to potential fund-raising opportunities and work with Partnership Development Department in developing fundraising products and proposals, provide technical support in donor acquisition, engagement and retention.
10. Deliver other tasks and ensure qualified outcomes requested by line manager.
IV. Working Relationship
1. Internal: daily contacts with staff in EE programme and Shanghai hub. Regular contacts with relevant operation and conservation programme staff of WWF China and WWF network when needed.
2. External: regular interaction with regional partners and donors, e.g. governmental agencies, local NGOs, research institutions.
1. Bachelor degree in biology, ecology, environmental science, education, communication or other related area is preferred.
2. At least 3 years working experiences in environmental education or related area.
3. Rich experience in science communication or environmental education documents writing, design and development.
4. Well acquisition in conservation and EE related literature review and summary, media release or feature story writing skills.
5. Familiar with WWF’s key work, esp. nature conservation and footprint relevant knowledge and strong learning ability to take in such project informations.
6. Team work in priority, detail-focused, enthusiastic, ambitious and self-motivated.
7. Good communication skills, strong affinity, good business knowledge, professional presentation skills and good problem-solving abilities.
8. Proficiency in Mandarin and capable for speaking and writing in English.
VI. Contact information
Candidates should send a cover letter, CV in English and Chinese to email@example.com
Please indicate the applying position in title, salary expectation in Email and send them in attachment.