Program Manager, Markets
Title: Program Manager, Markets
Reports to: Practice Head, Markets, WWF China
1. Responsible for successful implementation and development of work plan to reduce ivory demand in China through effective demand reduction intervention in a professional businessman perspectives and senses.
2. Liaise and manage to strengthen relations with key internal and external partners, like TRAFFIC, WWF Wildlife Practice, and WWF communication teams, Chinese industrial associations of tourism and leading companies in tourism, Chinese overseas investment, processing and trade companies, and E-commerce that are relevant and influential in reducing ivory demand in China, as well as other NGOs, Donors and associate committees.
3. Assist and coordinate with relevant offices in the network to run the Initiative in more effective ways of market interventions to have more significant impacts.
1. Maintain and develop partnership network with local influential organizations, consultants, academic institutions, companies, other NGOs, and other international organizations.
2. Lead the collection, analysis, coordination, to promote and profile the programme within or out of WWF, including:
• Programme profiles, Q and As, issue papers, achievement highlights and briefs
• Programme information for WWF connect
3. Stakeholders/partners management both internally and externally with an ability to think strategically, creatively and laterally.
4. Adequate interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team with other staff in achieving common goals and ability to work hard and meet deadlines.
5. Responsible for the project management including budget and internal and external reporting that belongs to reduce ivory market demand in China.
6. Perform other tasks as requested by line managers and department directors.
7. Coordinate and support Practice Head to fulfil people management and coach focus on talent development and competency development of staffs.
1. Internal: Primary supervisor is Head of Markets Practice, WWF China. Regularly contact with TRAFFIC, Wildlife Practice, and Communication Team. Occasionally contact with other members WWF Programme, ODD department, and Operation teams.
2. External: Regular interaction with key industries and consumers engagement partners, local civil societies and government agencies.
1. At least 5 years experiences in business, especially marketing demand analysis and sales development.
2. Good experiences in developing partnership with industrial associations, consumer engagement communities and working ability.
3. Proactive, innovative and output-oriented personality.
4. Excellent English and Chinese in writing, speaking, and reading. Additional language, such as French, is preferred.
5. Willingness to update professional knowledge and skills in conservation.
6. Excellent interpersonal, diplomatic skills and good team worker.
7. Strong project management skills, results orientation.
8. Experience of working in an international context and the ability to respect and work well with people from different cultures and backgrounds.
9. MBA is preferred.
10. Adheres to WWF’s values.
• Candidates should send a cover letter, CV in English and Chinese to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Please indicate the applying position in title, salary expectation in Email and send them in attachment.