Position title: Scientist, Program
Reports to: Chief Program Officer
As a member of Program Supporting team, the Scientistsupports the Chief Program Officer and the Practice Heads in leading andincubating WWF China’s high impact projects, coordinating internally withPractices, ensuring the development of potential areas of collective actions, andproviding fund raising support.
· Providing support to the Chief Program Officer by developing and leadingthe high impact projects
· Provide support to the Practice Leadership Group by setting andmaintaining key stakeholders network;
· Support the Chief Program Officer in fundraising for priority projects,like high impact projects and areas of collective actions.
· Facilitate knowledge exchange among practices and with WWF network, andknowledge sharing with stakeholders and partners
· Supporting the exploration of new programmatic areas
II. Main Responsibilities
· Support CPO to develop the projectprioritizing and evaluating system to aim at high impact from conservationprojects
· Support CPO to identify, develop, coordinateand manage WWF China’s high impact projects, and lead/coordinate to develophigh impact project strategy
· Support CPO and PLG in setting expertiseplatform and think tank with internal and external stakeholders and partners
· Keep regular and proactive interaction withexternal governmental agencies, institutes, researchers and specialists asacademic information platform
· Developing fund raising plan and providing support to CPO and PLG on programmaticfund raising from WWF network, external and domestic funding sources for highimpact projects and areas of collective actions, through research, makingconnections, support proposal development, and developing fund raisingproposals;
· Set up a database of key knowledge and technical innovation of WWF, andcoordinate the knowledge exchange among practices/projects, with network andwith local partners.
· Facilitate program teams to develop and produce academic achievements inrelated field, and magnify the impact
· Exploring new strategic areas for WWF China Conservation Department,working closely with Practice Heads;
· Support /Organize Practice team meetings and assist with follow up; andassist the key events and activities within the department as required
· Prepare requiredpolicy, technical reports and briefing position papers when needed and required;
· Accompanying ChiefProgram Officer to external events, when exploring new programmatic areas,providing support and reporting back to the department;
· Working with WWFProgrammatic communicators on outreach activities and materials to supportprogrammatic work;
· Perform other duties as requested by the supervisor
III. Working Relationship:
· Regularly contact with Program Supporting Team members.
· Closely working with Practice Heads and other related Practice staff.
· Regular contact with WWF China communication and fund raising teams.
· Regular contact with fund raising and program development staff in otherWWF Offices.
· Regular interaction with externalstakeholders and partners
· Regular interaction with external donors
Required Skills and Competencies:
· Demonstrated leadership and high pioneering spirit
· High sense and knowledge in environmental science
· Experience of large scale event and conference management preferred
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and ina team
· Strong written and oral communication skills in English and Chinese
· Excellent computer skills and familiarity with the use of electronicmedia
· Knowledge of WWF’s administrative and operational policies andprocedures preferred
· PhD degree in Environmental/ Conservation science;
· At least 8 years working experience in related areas;
· Further qualifications in environmental affairs and/or businessmanagement would be an advantage;
· Proven track record of managing internal and external stakeholders toinfluence and drive change;
· Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic,Determined and Engaging.