Senior Program Officer, Climate & Energy
Reports to: Practice Head, Climate & Energy Practice Head
1. Conduct research and publish reports in consultation with other colleagues on adaptation progress, strategies and tools.2. Lead to strengthen WWF China climate change adaptation capacity building.
3. Responsible for successful implementation and development of adaptation work directed by Climate & Energy Practice.
4. Responsible for the development of best practice in climate change adaptation for the mainstreaming of climate adaptation into WWF China projects and program.
5. Responsible for successful implementation and development of the projects associated with WWF Climate & Energy Practice strategy and goals.
6. Work with WWF China Head of Climate Change and Energy Practice to build relationships with environmental and development NGOs, Government Departments, the scientific institution and colleagues within the WWF Network, to develop and share latest thinking on adaptation practice, frameworks, strategies and tools.
7. Contribute to WWF China Climate & Energy internal reporting, supporter enquiries, communications and fundraising activities
8. Support the development of funding opportunities for WWF China climate change adaptation work as part of a wider climate change fundraising program.
9. Other tasks allocated by C&E Director.
1. Minimum of 8 years’ work experience of working on climate change, or related environment and/or development issues, either in an NGO or the public or private sector.2. A master’s degree in a relevant discipline is preferred.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Mandarin and English.
4. Excellent presentation, communication and facilitation skills.
5. A broad understanding of the various aspects of climate change adaptation, particularly frameworks, strategies and tools for implementation.
6. Excellent inter-personal skills, and team work skills including ability to internal communication, open mind strategic think, self-motivated and innovative and meet deadlines.
7. Good current understanding of principles of related program.
8. Proactive, innovative and output-oriented personality.
9. Adhere to WWF’s values.
Climate change poses a real threat to not only natural ecosystems, but also economic and social development. As the impact is increasingly becoming more prominent and climate change mitigation is becoming more difficult to work quickly, adaptation has become a more practical option for countries around the world. How to adapt to climate change is an urgent task currently faced by the public. Climate change adaptation refers to a set of measures that reduce vulnerability to actual and expected changes in climate and the effects of those changes. Based on the practical experience accumulated in their long-term conservation work, WWF is pushing for more effective and efficient climate change adaption strategies and action plans across all sectors in China; developing science-based, climate-smart conservation strategies, exploring urban adaptation solutions and pilot demonstration; establishing adaptation communication mechanism and actively promoting capacity building.
1. Candidates should send a cover letter, CV in English and Chinese to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the applying position in title, salary expectation in Email and send them in attachment.