Policy Officer -Sustainable Development 可持续发展政策项目专员
Title: PolicyOfficer -Sustainable Development (可持续发展政策项目专员)
Reports to: Practice Head, Governance
This post will be supporting a range of projectmanagement and implementation tasks with a focus on SDGs implementation at nationallevel. Also, the incumbent will provide operational support asneeded to the policy team.
- Working closely with the PracticeHead on knowledge management (30%), including
-Make monthly policy briefingon China’s domestic policy on development and environment;
- Provide regular in-depthpolicy analysis on selected policy topics;
- Manage the database of keyactors and good cases conducted by WWF teams and offices;
- Support the team onimpact-oriented project design, evaluation and reporting;
- Act as the focal point onknowledge management to the global governance team.
-Working closely with theSenior Policy Officer in the strategic planning and implementation of theinternational policy advocacy and research work (70%), including ;
-Strengthen in-house capacity on SDGs, greeneconomy and assist in relevant policy advocacy processes;
- Coordinate with internal and external partnersfor project development and implementation;
- Implement project management tasks, includingdrafting project concepts, preparation of budgets and work plans, managingcontracts with consultants and partners, and completing timely reports todonors and WWF senior management;
- Review and polish reports produced by projectpartners;
- Work together with Senior Policy Officer todevelop concept notes and proposals for fundraising;
- Undertake program monitoring and evaluationtasks, including developing indicators, baselines and reporting results;
-Plan, organize and coordinate project events relatedto SDGs work, such as seminars, workshops and launch events;
- Other tasks assigned by the supervisor
- University degree in thefield of International Relations, Economics, Environmental science or related;
-Ability and experience inworking with a range of colleagues, consultants, and leaders in internationalorganizations, government agencies, and academia;
- Excellent command of Englishand Chinese (written and spoken);
- Strong skills working in teamand across teams in various sectors – collaborator; problem solver;relationship-builder;
- Experience of event andconference organizing preferred;
- Attention to details andadherence to deadlines;
-Ability to work well underpressure;
-Excellent computer skills andfamiliarity with the use of electronic media.
Promoting the principles ofEcological Civilization and Sustainable Development mainstreamed in policy and practiceis one of targets for our policy advocacy in China. The programme officer isexpected to work closely with both external and internal colleagues for timelyimplementation of the activities relevant to SDGs, making contribution to overallthe conservation goals. Meanwhile, s/he is also responsible for knowledgemanagement in the policy team by providing regular policy analysis and keepinginternal communications with other teams/offices, required by the newconservation structure locally and globally.