Partnership and Development Director
WWF, the globalconservation organization that has been working in China for 35years, is looking for a highly skilled professional to be the Partnershipand Development Director based in Shenzhen or Shanghai. This position will report to CEO and will be amember of WWF China Leadership team.
Partnership andDevelopment Director
As amember of the Leadership Team, the Partnership and Development Director supportsWWF China CEO by leading the Partnership and Development Department to fulfilthe Mission and Objectives of WWF International and WWF China.
The Partnership and Development Director is responsible for leading the planning and implementation of strategicobjectives for corporate partnership and philanthropy. The position holder willdevelop and implement effective activities that aim at meeting fundraisingtarget for Corporate Partnership and Philanthropy, which include businesspartnership, high net-worth individuals, foundations and special fundraisingevents in order to support the conservation program of WWF China. He or shewill be responsible for managing the relevant portfolio and capacity of WWFChina.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop and implement a long-term Partnership and Development strategyto deliver on the goals and objectives of the organizational strategic plan;
· Build up the departmental structure andprovide direction and support to the department; recruit and select the rightindividuals, monitor their performance, identify and fulfill trainingneeds, so that individuals and the team meet the goals of the department and workto their fullest potential;
· Direct and manage the fundraisingperformance of the fundraising teams – including both Corporate Partnerships andPhilanthropy - in line with agreed targets and strategic objectives;
· Develop innovative and customized strategiesto engage leading Chinese corporations for transformation partnerships thatcreate conservation impact at scale;
· Establish a personal portfolio ofdonors to WWF in China and the wider WWF Network in line with agreed targets;
· Ensure there is an ongoing active donorengagement strategy in place including a rigorous stewardship and reportingprogramme for donors;
· Ensure timely and accurate managementof budgets and financial reporting associated with the team;
· Ensure the prospect research function isserving the needs of the department by providing accurate, timely and detailedinformation on current and prospective donors and to also keep abreast ofdevelopments and trends within philanthropy and the corporate sector;
· Oversee the ongoing interface with theProgram Teams to ensure a consistent and ‘joined up’ approach to businessengagement and maximisation of appropriate transformation opportunities;
· Represent the organisation at a seniorlevel with donor and other audiences as required;
· Work closely with the Public EngagementDirector in establishing and implementing a robust long-term strategy forCommunications & Fundraising and for the wider strategy for theorganisation.
· Support the wider on-going WWF globalnetwork process of co-creating projects and the identification of fundingpriorities.
· Inspirationalleader with a proven track record of successfully developing and managing teamsin a complex and multi-functional structure.
· Stronginter-personal skills and ability to forge successful working relationshipswith diverse stakeholders
· Self-motivatedand goal-driven; be able to work under pressure with a team of people and meetdeadlines;
· Strategicand creative thinker. Passionate about entrepreneurship and innovation;
· Excellentnetworking, negotiation and communication skills. Excellent written and verbalcommunication skills in Mandarin and English;
· Practical,well-organised, able to juggle multiple priorities, and good with budgets
· Trackrecord of securing and developing successful individual and corporaterelationships against income targets; able to prove successful outcomesmeasurably
· Ableto work pragmatically and adapt to changing circumstances
· Minimumof 5 years’ experience in management positions relevant to this position;
· Universitydegree in, public relations, conservation related, communications, marketing orrelated fields were preferred;
· Non-profitworking experience a plus.
· Candidatesshould send a cover letter and CVin English and Chinese to email@example.com.
· Pleaseindicate the applying position in title, salary expectation in Email and sendthem in attachment.