Senior Officer of Panda Programme (Gansu)
Title: Senior Officer of Panda Programme (Gansu)
Location: WWF China Chengdu Office / Xi’an Office
Reports to: Director of Panda Programme
Supervise: Officer/AssistantOfficer of Panda Programme (Gansu)
1. Work with Directorof Panda Programme for the development, implementation and delivery of pandaprogramme strategies and activities in Gansu Province according to WWF pandaprogramme 2020 strategy and ongoing programme framework.
2. Develop andmaintain and the relationships with relevant partners and stakeholders for the giantpanda conservation in the region.
1. Work with thepanda programme team for the development of workplan/budgets, reports andrequired communication materials for the panda programme activities in Gansu Provinceto meet the Programme overall goal and objectives.
2. Responsible forthe project implementation in the region to ensure the activities and theoutputs are in alignment with panda programme workplan and M&E plan.
3. Function as aresource person to WWF family for panda conservation and WWF’s panda programmework in the region.
4. Provide necessarytechnical assistance and guidance to partners in terms of nature reserve,habitat and corridor management, as well as relevant field.
5. Work with pandaprogramme team to enhance the effective interactions with local partners andstakeholders to strengthen WWF’s conservation work in the territory and their supportsto WWF panda programme.
6. Work with pandaprogramme team to build up WWF’s expertise and enhance WWF’s profile in termsof panda and habitat conservation in the region.
7. Performother tasks designated by the supervisor.
1. Internal: Close working relationshipswithin panda programme team. Occasional and ready contactswith other WWFChina programmes, offices and teams as well as network donors when needed.
2. External: Regular interaction with regional governmental sectors andresearch institutions, close contacts with local partners.
1. At least Bachelor degree in conservation management or relevant discipline.
2. Atleast 5-8 years experiences in relevant field.
3. Strongproject management skills and facilitation skills.
4. Extensive knowledge of pandaconservation in the region, good sense of working with different stakeholder groups of conservationin China.
5. Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently. Good command ofEnglish.
6. Strong computer skills. GIS is an advantage.
7. Adapted to frequent travel in the mountainousareas.
8. Self-motivated, willingness to explore newworking area and to updateprofessional knowledge and skills.
9. Abilityto work independently as well as in a team environment.
· Candidates should send a cover letter, CV inEnglish and Chinese to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Please indicate the applying position in title,salary expectation in Email and send them in attachment.