Senior Programme Officer of Sustainable Plantation, Forest Programme, China Green Shift Initiative
Location:WWF Beijing Office
Report to:Programme Manager, Forest Programme
1. Lead, develop and manage the forest programme especially work on sustainabletree plantations under WWF China.
2. Act as the supervisor of dedicated programme implementation partners to develop and maintain good conservation.
3. Provide technical support assistance and updated information aboutrelatedconcepts, technologies and trends to the Forest programme.
4. Communicate with other organizations, companies and the governmentif requested, and act as an alternative contact person between WWF and theChinese government and otherorganizations on related issues.
1. Promote responsible forestry in China,particularly in the plantation and semi-natural working forests that supplyChina’s pulp and paper, and timber sector, by utilizing pilot projects andstrategic engagement in key geographies to demonstrate best forest managementpractices.
2. Supportto establish and utilize WWF Recipient platforms, including Sustainable PaperAlliance and Global Forest&Trade Network (GFTN) to promote responsibleproduction, trade and procurement of paper (and wood) products among Chinesemanufacturers, retailers to forge responsible market links.
3. Organizeevents to increase public awareness of and demand for forest products fromresponsible sources.
4. Support to strengthen Chinese forestpolicies and regulations for responsible forest management on a broader scale.
5. Contribute to enhance the recognition offorest certification and its influences in WWF’s priority places in China.
6. Act as a centre of expertise in support ofplantations-related issues for the Forest Programme in China, and support thedesign, coordination, and implementation of WWF forest programme, especially onplantations.
7. Serve as project manager for donor-supportedplantations projects, coordinating with other members of the Forest Programmeto lead work planning and timely implementation of activities, monitoring andoversight of progress, reporting to and communicating with donors.
8. Develop programme contracts topartners/consultants following WWF’s regulations, and timely prepare anddeliver programme documentations, including programme activity reports.
9. Help initiate and develop new proposals, andassist the team with fund raising and project design.
10. Responsible for information collection fromprogrammes and offices, and preparation of summary or communication materials.
11. Develop and maintain strategic partnershipfor raising WWF’s profile and influence, including communications andinteractions among government agencies, research institutions, companies andother organizations, as well as WWF network.
12. Other tasks allocated by Head of division ordepartment.
1. Internal: Immediate line manager, team members. Alsowork closely with other members of HUB Office,other WWF colleagues; and WWF US and other Network colleagues.
2. External: Regular interactions with project partners,government officials, other NGOs, local communities, donors, etc.
1. Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in sustainable forestmanagement relevant to this position, especially on tree plantation management,and additional knowledge on forest certification, timber supply chainmanagement, and paper and pulp production, is highly valued.
2. A master’s degree in forestry is preferred.
3. Excellent written and verbal communicationskills in Mandarin and English.
4. High level of competence in projectmanagement, partnership development,communications, marketing /corporate and public relations communications.
Excellent inter-personal and team workskills, including ability to communicate internally, be open-minded, thinkstrategically, self-motivate, innovate, and meet deadlines.
· Candidates should send acover letter, CV in English and Chinese to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Please indicate theapplying position in title, salary expectation in Email and send them inattachment.